Five local businesses become digitally savvy
Five local business owners received free computers on Friday after completing several technology trainings and developing a web presence.
Each business owner completed their training through the Chicago Lawn Business Resource Network (BRN), a part of LISC Chicago's Smart Communities program.
As a network of technology related resources intended to assist business owners with engaging or expanding their use of technology, especially the Internet, the BRN can be a powerful tool.
Greater Southwest Development Corporation (GSDC), located at 2601 W. 63rd St., offers several of these resources, including:
- The Business Resource Center (BRC), a FREE computer lab equipped with printing, faxing, Internet access and the latest business software.
- A network of technology related resources to assist business – see the Chicago Lawn Portal Resources tab for more information.
- FREE one-on-one technology assessments.
- FREE technology consultations.
- FREE technology related workshops.
Posted in Computers and Digital Technology
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.